Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Favorite Kitchen Appliance

For my October Wishlist on swap-bot.com, I wished for some blogging prompts. I've already received some good ideas, and this is one of them. Actually, I think "My Favorite Kitchen Appliance" is the most interesting and unique one. You may see others coming up in between "Corner of My Clutters" because I think it's great fun to share my mess with you (whoever you might be).

My favorite kitchen appliance is by far my electric kettle! I like an occasional cup of tea, but I usually make myself a couple mugs of instant coffee a day. It was really an underappreciated appliance until last week though. The lime scale nastiness started flaking off in my drink, so I had to stop using the kettle while I figured out how to clean it. Unfortunately, it doesn't open so you can get in an scrub or anything, so I had to look up solutions. Boiling a lemon juice and water mixture worked quite well, but in the meantime, I was resigned to boiling my coffee water in the microwave. I don't think I even own a stovetop kettle anymore. I'm ever so glad to have my electric kettle back in service and am going to make good use of it now with a cup of Cafe Vienna!