Tuesday, October 14, 2008

JournalPals

One of the things I'm recently "in to" is journaling. Duh! I suppose that's obvious since I've started blogging again.

Anyway, it was swap-bot that got me started writing again. That silly place is addicting! But I've enjoyed joining journaling swaps with writing prompts for entries, and I've found that I'm more encouraged to write and keep writing knowing that I'll be sending the journal to someone else.

Today I discovered JournalPals. It's just a series of swaps that the hostess decided to name JournalPals, not some big movement or entity. The idea is to write one journal entry on a predetermined topic and send it to your swapping partner. Yay! That's like writing a letter with a prompt. I can choose to as many entries as I want and stop whenever I want instead of committing to a 20+ entry journal!

I've signed up to participate in "A View From My Window" and "Streaming Thoughts/Images," but I missed a couple before I discovered this series. So, I thought I'd just blog about the other topics that interested me. "Autumn Reflections" to be posted soon...